Sunday, February 15, 2009

Musing.

Okay so I didn't P4, instead I watched GG and decided to sleep.

To which I couldn't, so I decided to open up the box where I keep my letters from secondary school. Reading the contents, I laughed so hard I think if there were anybody passing by my place they must be wondering why is there someone guffawing her lungs out at 7.30 am.

Then, what seemed like an innocent idea to take a walk down memory lane, turned my head into overdrive. It got me thinking, where is that person that I've frequently exchanged letters with gone now?

As I read letter by letter, I realise that me and her got mad at her over stuffs that hurt inside, and despite all that we still made up and we were still best friends. No matter how bad the situation was despite all that we will still make up. But now, I think we're nothing but a lost relationship, and it saddens me to go through all those mail.

And then I start to question my keeping-in-touch skills. Am I really that bad at keeping in touch? I seem to sense the same pattern with a particular group of friends right now, but I'm putting it as I'm not up to par with them now. In financial terms.

Or is it that I have high expectations in a friendship? If I feel that anything used to be deep turn into plastic or small talkish I'll be off the bus at the next stop.

Sometimes I wonder if the friendships that I have that may seem to stretch over a decade, is it true, or we're just still in it because its awesome to say we're friends for more than a decade?

Someone used to tell me that friends come and go, but somehow I haven't learn to grasp that yet.

3 comments:

May said...

Babe, shouldn't it be boyfriends come and go, but best friends stay forever? :)

irebiret said...

Yea, but like all relationships one must learn to change together yea? :)

Just a thought, not facts :P

Jayren Kwan Hann Yaw said...

Hey, you had been tagged ! lol =)