Saturday, March 7, 2009

A slice of life.

Last Friday would have been a scary experience for many, but it was pretty funny to me. Cept for the part where I had to stay in the Day Care prior to my surgery. It's like there are four beds in the Day Care and all three beds had some machine right next to the patient with something stuck to their arms except for me. Felt like there is someone else who is sick who deserves the spot that I am at.

And they made me wear those hospital gowns! It was damn big and I didn't know how to wear a sarong. While walking down into the main operating theater I was afraid my sarong will drop halfway.

Anyhow, when I went down to the main operating theater, they pushed me on stretcher into the OT room -_- When I went into the OT room it was all greeeeeeen. And not cold because they didn't switch on the aircond in that room which was good! The hospital gown was too exposed for my liking.

Then it started.

First I had to lie on my left side and the doctor covered me with the 'holy/holey cloth', and the best part is, the cloth covered like half of my face and the nurses placed the tray of equipment right in my line of sight. Even without my specs I could somewhat make out of the stuff they're doing -_-

Then the doc jabbed anesthetic into my ear, about 5 jabs and waited for it to kick in. She tried to test by asking me whether I feel anything sharp against my skin to which I replied no. But when she started cutting on one part, I could feel the pain so I asked for more. She gave another jab of stronger anesthetic and then I couldn't feel anything on my ear. But the last jab hurt like sheeeet T.T

And after that they did their thing, and the doctor kept on talking to the nurses, and one of their topics were food. To which the nurse asked 'Eh the patient got fast or not, here we are talking about food in front of her'. (No I only had one meal for the day and that was brunch T.T)

The whole time my right side could feel these few things:-
  • Cold, wet solution
  • Someone dabbing off blood (I think)
  • Heard funny noises
  • and someone flipping my ear
And after the whole process I was free to go :D

Which was a wrong thing to do because I started earlier and finished earlier, and didn't have any money with me to take a cab back -_- So had to wait for mom who came after her work. When she came the stupid anesthetic wore off and my ear hurt like crap >.<

Luckily had phone and chor dai dee the whole way, and when I went for dinner there was this lady who kept on staring at me like 'wth happened to her?'. Sigh. People. Even when I went out yesterday to yum cha at Wong Kok ss2 the stares kept on coming. Feel like slapping the looks outta those people's face. Jeez.

Hospital souvenir which I didn't realised I was still wearing until I finished dinner.

2 comments:

wenyi said...

Gulp...sounds scary..
hospital always appear scary for me too...
Anyway glad it all went smooth...
:)

irebiret said...

it was more of a funny experience than scary :P
i like my doctor, she's very nice :)