Thursday, January 8, 2009

Everybody is walking in slow motion.

A post that I wrote some time ago, but didn't publish.



Dear you,

How are you doing? Its been awhile since I last spoken to you.

Been really busy recently with assignments, every week there is submissions and there are more to be submitted in the coming weeks. Am also working on some days just to fill up my time, because initially I thought it would be a pretty easy going semester. Guess my judgment was wrong so I'll be quitting work soon.

I was driving around KL for the past few days and I thought to myself, how I remembered the first time you took me to KLCC. And how you always take me around with you when you go to construction sites. I remember the last time you went to Maju Junction back then when they were building up that place. It's really KL-ish now. Do you know that they have Halal dim sum at one of the restaurants there now?

I loved the rides to KL because there I'll see loads of buildings and zooming cars. Now that I am a full-fledge driver, I was pretty afraid to drive to KL on my own because of the buildings and zooming cars. Ironic isn't it? But after overcoming that, now I know how to get to places. :D

And I remember the time we use to take the train to Yau-Han mall. (I'm not sure how to spell it) Back then I'll always pester you to take me on the rides. And not to forget, how you taught me how to eat sushi.


I also met a new friend, whose dad used to be a musician back in his younger days. And I wondered to myself, did you two know each other back then? He also played the guitar, just like you did. It just crossed my mind then, cause I know how much you love to sing and you told me how you used to do gigs in pubs.

I always wondered where did my love for musical instruments came from. Was it because I was sent to piano classes back then, or was it because I was influenced from you? You were supposed to teach me the guitar, but I never got around to buying a guitar. Now I'm learning up the violin eventhough I really want to play the piano again.


And you know what? We need to get a bluddy DSLR for the photography subject I'm taking. Obviously I didn't get one cause I don't have that kinda $$ to splurge at the moment. Was thinking if I could use your manual one, but then again I'll spend lots of money on the film and developing. -.-

Then I realised that I fell in love with photography. Catching pictures at that one split second when it there is so much feeling and emotion, or that frown burrowed in that person's forehead while pouring over notes, or that laugh where the person is laughing so hard that his/her cheeks feels like bursting. Then I told myself its about time I invest in a DSLR. Which means I'll have to start saving up like huge chunks of my allowance. And you'll be laughing your head off because to you, I use my money like water.

You'd be surprise to know that I haven't been buying anything much lately. All my money has been going to assignments, printing out a huge poster, printing assignments, buying mounting boards, sharing for mount spray, driving here and there to take pictures, printing pictures. I'm flat broke now. Even extra money from work is going down the assignment drain soon.

Do you know the other day, you appeared in my dreams, and yet again I didn't get to tell you how much I love you? Just like that day when I thought you would be okay because to me you will always get out of those kind of situations and I went back home to take a nap, only to be awaken abruptly by a call.

I love you and I miss you, beri much.

xoxo

1 comment:

Ayrern said...

I'm sure those words have traveled beyond space n time, and reaching who it was intended for. Be comforted to know that he still lives on, but in a different way, in ur heart. =) *hugs*